Monday, September 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Unless, as long as, provided, providing

Unless (Except if, Only if)
  • You can't touch that unless you buy it
  • You can't open it unless you have the key
  • I'll see you tomorrow unless I have to work late
  • Can I buy those shoes? - Not unless you need them
  • We can take a taxi to the restaurant - (unless you'd prefer to walk) or (unless you'd rather walk)
  • You can't go into the party unless you are invited
  • Can I tell her my opinion? Not unless she asks you
  • Unless you have a car, it's difficult to get there
  • Unless you speak slowly, she won't be able to understand you
  • Unless you study more, you won't pass the exam
  • Unless we leave now, we'll be late
  • I'm not going out unless it stop raining

As long as / So long as / Providing (that) / Provided (that) (If, On condition that)
  • You can touch that as long as you buy it
  • You can borrow my camera as long as you promise to look after it
  • You can drive so long as you promise to drive carefully
  • Having a car is convenient providing (that) you can afford it
  • Travelling by plane is convenient provided you don't have afraid of flying
  • You can lift weigh providing your doctor approves it
  • Providing the weather is good, we're going to have a picnic
  • Providing I have enough money for tickets, we'll go to the concert

No comments:

Post a Comment